Monday 17 January 2011

Lemon and Mustard Chicken

Over the past couple of weeks I have been trying to put aside as much money as possible. In that vein I have had been making large meals at the start of the week and bringing some to work for lunch each day. It has worked amazingly well, as not only have I not had to spend as much money, but I've had a delicious lunch each day, that was exactly what and as much as I wanted, and I could count the calories a little, you know, to knock off some of those Christmas pounds!

Oh and this particular recipe was made up by me, I will let you know if ever I take inspiration from anyone, as I do, frequently!

So here we go- Ed's mustard Chicken (serves 3....ish, and you'll prob need some veg with it like : ) )

Ingredients-
3 breasts of chicken (490g total)
1 onion
4 cloves of garlic
1 lemon
1 fresh tomato and about 5 sun-dried tomatoes
2 tbs of strong English or Dijon mustard
1 tsp each of cumin and fennel seeds
Salt and Pepper

Method:

1. Preheat an oven to 150°C. I use a griddle pan for this one-so start with a really hot pan and put in the fennel and cumin seeds for about two minutes on their own.

2. In the meantime rub the chicken with some olive oil, salt and pepper

3. Then put the chicken on the pan, turn it over to get some good charring on both sides



4. Take the pan off the heat and start chopping the onions, garlic and all the tomatoes nice a finely. Mix that with the mustard and some of the oil from the sun-dried tomatoes.



5. Put the pan back on high heat and add the mustard mix for just about 30 seconds. Spreading the mix well over the chicken.

6. Then add the juice of the lemon and some olive oil and scrape the pan well and coat the chicken again.

7. Cover the pan with tin foil and put in the oven for about 40mins or until the chicken is cooked through.

Here is a picture-it's nice, but it sure ain't pretty :)



I had it with my next post. I have a picture, but the quality is very bad, so I didn't upload it!
Well there you go, mustard and lemon chicken. All comments gladly received and greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment