Friday 3 January 2014

Brew Dog-Paradox Grain ABV 15%

So, here we it, another stonker from Brew Dog. Just like the other 15 percenter-Dog A, this stout is just amazing. It would want to be, I could get pissed in some pubs for what it cost. My blog was it worth it though.


Appearance-

It's mysterious black label with gold graffiti style writing on it is certainly different. It does mirror very nicely the drink stored safely inside. It's very very dark, but with a bright light behind it, you get a little coming through, and it's brown unusually, I tend to expect ruby red with stout. The head is brown, or slightly golden if you will, which nicely makes sense of the bottle. I think. Maybe. Probably.

Nose-

I got a definite smell of liquorice from this one. There was also vanilla and a slightly burnt note, I supposed from the roasted barley.

Taste-

I would say quite a bitter start, in contrast with most aged stout I've had. There is a nice roasted flavour to go with the burnt smell. The liquorice/molasses character is amazing too, which combines nicely with the lovely sweet character that comes out soon after. I swear there is a hint of brazil nut too, I've got this before, in an amazing stout called Bourbon County, which I haven't written up yet. I will as soon as I can find another bottle. I did find that this one to actually taste like its alcoholic content. I didn't really mind, it was still wonderful.

Conclusion-

A note on this one: Betty hated it. She usually has a sip of my obscure beers, politely nods and says something like 'yeah it's ok, but I don't think I could drink a whole glass'. With this it was more like 'oh dear god...no...phtthhtht...that's awful'. I will say again I thought it was amazing, I just thought this should be known.

No comments:

Post a Comment